Karl's JSyn applet
equal tempered intervals from 1 to 100 divisions per octave
Note: You need to download and install the
in order to run this applet.
- This applet plays two notes; the bottom note is always A 440;
the top note is between A 440 and A 880 depending on the interval.
- The scrollbar on the left sets the number of divisions per octave.
It defaults to the normal value of 12, but may be reset to any value
from 1 to 100.
- The scrollbar on the right sets the size of the interval in steps
It defaults to 0 (unison), but may be reset to any value
from 0 to to the number of divisions to the octave
(as set by the left scrollbar).
- Changing the left scrollbar always resets the right scrollbar to zero.
Changing the right scroolbar or clicking the button plays both notes.
- Below the play button is the frequency of the top note.
Above is the ratio of the frequencies of the two notes.
View source code
Download source code
Karl Brown homepage